The Step By Step Guide To Patio Installation
Every homeowner wants to make their home more beautiful. One way to achieve this is by adding a patio. Patio companies can help you create a perfect patio space by installing a brand new patio. But as a homeowner, you might be wondering how the process works. In this blog post, we’ll share with you a step-by-step guide on how the patio installation process works.
How Patio Installation Works
Some considerations need to be made when it comes to installing a patio. The first thing you need to do is find the right patio company in Denver for your project. Once you find it, the patio company will follow these steps to install your paver patio:
- Planning and layout: Patio companies have a set of plans to follow, but they also need the homeowner’s input on any preferences for their new paver patio. The company can lay out where all pavers and accessories should go or if certain areas need more attention than others.
- Calculating the number of pavers needed: The contractor will measure the length and width of your patio, then determine how many paver units (rectangular or square) are needed for its installation.
- Excavating: Typically, before installing pavers, you’ll have to dig up old lawns/soil and level out the soil underneath where you want your new patio installed.
- Base material: The base material is often 3/4 minus gravel. The base material should be laid to the appropriate thickness depending on the sub-base material and the weight of goods placed upon it. Make sure you level, slope, and align your compacted gravel with your established height.
- Edge restraints: Edging is required for the upkeep of your paved space. If no edge restraints are used, your pavers will shift and divide.
- Sand bedding: A bed of bedding sand is placed over the compacted base material before laying the pavers.
- Laying pavers: The company will start laying out the pavers in the pattern and design that you chose
- Sand joints: The contractors will sweep sand over the surface to set the pavers into place by filling up the joints.
- Sealing: First, the professionals will clean and sweep the new paving area to remove all debris. Then, to protect against the sand within the joint sand from vanishing, they will apply a sand binding sealant over it.
Install Your Paver Patio Today
Need to get some patio pavers in Denver? We, Denver Patio Masters, can help! We offer a wide range of services for your patio, like patio installation, repair, and maintenance. When it comes time to install your new patio, our team will be happy to assist you by providing you with high-quality materials and unparalleled customer service.